Wednesday, May 29, 2013

bubba blast

Today I decided to run the bubba kush (circa 1995) into bho. I acquired this strain from her original owner and have been logging her and running her ever since. she has maintained her potency and I have not allowed degeneration so she is just as she was in 1995. Each time I have run a bho I have tried a different finish. It is interesting to play around with different styles and techniques of purging. I do not own a vacuum chamber or anything but I do have a food saver and the last run I did I shoved the glass pan into a food saver bag and vacuumed and sealed it. It worked pretty well! I was surprised so I am going to be playing with that a little bit more for sure. This time I filled the tube as normal, ran two cans through it into a warm water bath, I don't allow my water to go over 195 (I use a water pot I have had for years bought from a Japanese market! It really does the job!) I am doing a warm water purge and one initial whip. The photos below are after all this. From here I will allow it to set for an hour or so then run another purge. One pan will go into the food saver bag and continue the purge in that way. the other I will slow purge with warm water as I cannot fit the glass pie pan into the bag!! I am contemplating purchasing a vacuum chamber. They aren't unreasonably priced and if I keep running this I am sure it will become imperative to the process! 




1 comment:

  1. Seems like the one that you vacuum purged is looking better.

    ReplyDelete