Monday, September 8, 2014

My impression of Lucienne...

After research and asking around I decided to give Lucienne butane a try. I am pretty pleased with it. As the research shows it is very clean and light. With a purge that seems more complete and a bit quicker, the finished product is nothing but flower flavor, it does well on maintaining the subtle flavors and aromas of each flower and you can play with your heat with no issues. Slightly heavy on the propane but this purges off very quickly, almost instantly, and I believe it is purely there as a propellant. The quicker purge overall leads me to believe there is much less chance of molecular bonding. I have yet to study this aspect in more depth yet I intend to. The end product is beautiful, tasty, no taste of solvent or film like heavy mouth feel. After only 10hrs in the chamber the bubbles left were water vapor. Much less time from start to finish. No noticeable difference in yeild, if anything I averaged about .7 more per 7g of sugar going in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment