Saturday, April 27, 2013

better than anticipated

when I first acquired the shaman she was by all mean the prettiest flower I had seen to date.  her crystal coverage was there, her fragrance fruity sweet and exotic, her color almost alien as I had never seen another like her. upon sight she was amazing, excellent bag appeal in the least. needless to say my expectations of her were very high.  after the first bowl I was happy with her taste but disappointed as not even a head change was present. on to bowl two, something there but extremely minimal. bowl three, a bit better but still not where I expected it to be. bowl four, now here, with any good flower, knowing my personal tolerance is where I normally feel something good. even with an eh flower there is something more than I was getting from this, by all appearances, amazing flower. I was disappointed for sure! I gave her chance after chance, trying different batches, almost willing her to meet up to her look. when I was offered the strain to grow I was apprehensive. I just didn't think she had it in her, even though her lineage screamed otherwise, my exposure to her over the previous two years was just not promising. I gave her a chance anyhow, in my mind, sacrificing the space for something I was unsure of. you see, I don't have a large space but I utilize every inch. as she grew I was pleased with her response. her color and coverage more so than I had seen before and as she got older she stunned me further, in my 13 years I have never seen a frost like this let alone her paleness. photos can never do her justice. yet it seemed every light I had for her would be stamped out by previous memories of her and the doubt would set in. now she is done. she is beautiful. she is fragrant and breathtaking and this is just her first round. she has been curing a few days so I thought why not try her in the new piece. all apprehension has vanished. after two bowls the head change was very present. after four I am quite pleased. she tastes sweet and strong. she is smooth and stoney, the front of your head swelling around type of stone. I see her true potential. I am very excited for round two. I am hoping she will show me more as time goes on. 
=^..^=

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully she will get better and better with time and nurturing. Well done on the second round. Looking forward to your grading from the second round.

    ReplyDelete