Saturday, January 4, 2014

Bho, wax, earwax, amber glass, shatter, crumble....

So I finally decided to record my runs and see exactly what I am getting versus what I put in. I have a medium sized tube I guess I would say, it holds roughly 1.5 oz depending on the strain or mix. I like to play with mixes as well as do individual strain runs. Lately I have had an abundance of pink sugar so I have been running a lot of pink, which is not a bad thing as she is a favorite of the nursery's oldest members. More often than not I use Newport gas. I have been looking into Lucienne as the residual ppms seem to test lower than the Newport yet I have found if you are a super anal purger like myself the difference is minimal. I do tend to purge and allow the final product to dry for a minimum of 14 days. I have always been paranoid and purged for a very long time with all my extracts. I try to be thorough. There are some winterization techniques applied and there are batches that are done using different techniques yet our standard purging is in a chamber with a 6cfm pump. It is rare that I make crumble, more often than not my final product is shatter. Retaining terpenes for flavor and aroma is important for our product as each flower the nursery runs is sweet and tasty in its own way. We like to play with all our different extracts to find the best final product within our ability with the equipment we have. Please look forward to some peeks into all of our different products! This past week I ran pink kush, the house mix, and the house red mix. GoHerbal! Nursery's standard house mix consists of Shaman, Northern Lights, Bubba Kush (circa 1995), and Pink Kush. The house red mix is the standard house mix with the addition of Panama Red. Currently I am only extracting the strains the nursery is running of which I mix together to create different bho mixes. We have a sativa mix, an indica mix, a knock out mix, and a motivated mix. We'll go further into those as I post results from their runs. 
Here are the results of the most recent run the finished product is great and potent. 

Tube:
~ 1.4-1.5 oz of material
Gas:
~ 3 300ml cans Newport 
Strain: Final Product:
~ pink kush - 2.6 grams 
~ house mix* - 3.7 grams 
~ house red mix** - 3.7 grams

I am quite pleased with the ratio I am attaining at this point. :) There will be a review up soon as well as more results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment