Saturday, January 4, 2014

Canna Peanut Seafoam

When the holidays come around there is always a ton of sweets. It seems the baking never ceases! Therefore it would be such a shame to not have some great canna treats as well! Peanut Seafoam is a great tradition in my family. Every holiday season we make it by the ton it seems and it goes faster than we can crack it! It is my family's recipe of brittle, you can use whatever nut you like really but peanut is quite tasty. After making a few regular batches it occurred to me that this might be a very tasty canna sweet. You see I hate the taste of edibles, can't stand it! As much as I love the herb I just can't get past the taste whenever I try an edible. Each recipe I do on my own I tweak and make it to my liking and after 15 years of experimenting I think I have come up with some pretty yummy things! I just knew I could take the Seafoam and make it deliciously potent. With baking you always have to be careful, cooking is an art while baking is a science, and you could very easily add or take away something that will change chemical reactions and flavor! You also want to be financially efficient so as to not have to charge an extreme price just to make back what it cost to produce. I have found that using the fat in the recipe and extracting with that you don't compromise taste or potency, each piece will be just as potent as the next and uniform. You won't have any inconsistencies while baking or heating. Brittle being a hard candy I decided to create my extract with the corn syrup itself. The suggestion of using bho was brought up yet the expense was beyond what I felt necessary for the recipe, I didn't want to charge anyone too much and using bho would force me to up my price. That is just one reason, another being I didn't want to compromise the reaction I was looking for once I added the final ingredients. Much less worry about stability and potency of the final product if I just used the corn syrup to extract. I was able to get a very nice canna-corn syrup together and finish my recipe. It came out brilliant! Very tasty, nice and consistent, steady high for a good 6 hours, and it is actually very nice looking! I have yet to decide on whether or not I am going to share the recipe. Maybe someday, if the requests pour in, but for now I am happy to make it by request or share what I have made! This batch was made with Northern Lights.


3 comments:

  1. I haven't found an edible I could stomach. I make brittle every year and this might be the perfect way to try the oil again... It looks like it came out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I don't like the edibles. I make brittle every year though and this looks like it turned out perfectly! I'd love to have your recipe. =}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really turned out very good. I will be making a good string batch here soon as well as a few other candies. I think I can make them palatable in the least. :) I'll post some recipes I have as well as some candy recipes. Edibles can be gross indeed!

      Delete